Comment on page
Assigning / Reassigning / Unassigning Work
Both Team Leaders and Team Members, (provided the Team Member has been set up with the 'Can Assign' permission in Builder, see here for more information) have the ability to assign/reassign one or more work items to themselves or to other members of their team. You can assign/reassign a work item to yourself in a number of ways:
1) If the work item is not assigned to anyone, as soon as you start to do any activity which requires assignment the system will automatically assign the work to you (i.e. you do not need to manually set yourself as the assignee).
2) If the work item is assigned to a different user, the system will display a short message when opening the work letting you know this. Click the ‘Take it’ grab icon to instantly assign the work item to yourself.
3) From the homepage grid by selecting which work items you want to reassign to yourself and clicking on the 'Reassign' button that will have appeared at the top of the grid. This will open up a popup where you can can then select the 'Reassign to me' option and you can also add a note if you wish.
If you open an unassigned work item and subsequently make a change which would result in it being auto-assigned to you, if during the interim period another user has opened the same work item and has already assigned to themselves, the system will display a warning popup explaining that if you assign the work to you, any unsaved changes from the other user will be lost.
You have the choice to continue with assigning the work to you (which will discard the other person’s unsaved changes) or cancel your reassignment / update.
Note that some activities can be performed even if the work is not assigned to you since they are purely additive:
- Adding a Note
- Sending an Email
- Adding an Action while in a Case
Both Team Leaders and Team Members, (provided the Team Member has been set up with the 'Can Assign' permission in Builder, see here for more information) have the ability to reassign one or more work items to themselves or to other members of their team. You can do this in a couple of ways.
1) From the work item itself by clicking on the assignee dropdown in the header ribbon and selecting to reassign it to a different user. A popup will display; you can search for a user to assign work to and add a note to go along with the assignment. A notification message (including the note) will be sent to the new user.
2) From the homepage grid by selecting which work items you want to reassign and clicking on the 'Reassign' button that will have appeared at the top of the grid. Clicking on reassign will open up a popup where you can search for which team member you wish to reassign the work items to, and you can also add a note if you wish.
If a work item can be done by a robot, you can also choose to reassign the item to any individual bots that are in your team.
You can also make that reassignment choice at the farm level by selecting ‘Any Bot within [farm name]’. The system will then automatically assign the work item to one of the bots in the farm.
Both Team Leaders and Team Members are able to unassign one or more work items. You are able to unassign work items in any state apart from Closed.
To unassign work items, select which work items you want to unassign from your Work Inbox. This will make the option to Reassign and Unassign appear at the top of the grid.
Once you have unassigned the desired work items, they will then become available for users to pick up from their work Queue.
If your system is set up to allow it, you are able to mark one or more work items from your Work Inbox as 'Complete' directly from the Work Inbox grid. Both Team Leaders and Team Members can use this function.
Note: this is only possible for work items in your Work Inbox. Additionally, this is not possible for Cases or Peer Review Actions.