Scheduling Emails and Using the Outbox Page
You can schedule the date and time of when an email will be sent by selecting the Schedule Send option.
The scheduled email will appear in the Comms and Timeline tabs, along with who scheduled it and when it has been scheduled for. You are also able to send a scheduled email immediately from the Comms and Timeline tabs.
Emails that you have scheduled to send for a later date will appear in the Outbox Page.
You can access the Outbox Page from the navigation link. The total number of emails in your Outbox will also be shown in the navigation link.
The Outbox Page is where you can find emails belonging to yourself or to your team that are scheduled be to sent at a later date, or have failed to send.
You can select how many emails will be shown from the option on the right.
The first time a Team Leader logs in, they will land on the 'My Team Emails' view. The first time a Team Member logs in, they will land on the 'My Emails' view. You are able to change your view of the outbox page to show just your outbox emails, your team's, the system's or all outbox emails. This will be saved when you log out and log back in.
Selecting 'My Emails' lets you see emails sent by you that are in your outbox.
'My Team Emails' shows you emails sent by your team that are in the outbox, as well as emails relating to work items that your team members are working on that are in the outbox.
Selecting 'System Emails' lets you see emails that are sent automatically by the system e.g. because a Ticket has been split or merged.
You are able to manually retry sending an email by clicking on the Retry icon. The email will now be in a state of 'Pending Retry', see here for more information on Send Statuses in the Outbox Page.
You can also Retry sending an email on the Timeline.
You are also able to cancel sending an email by clicking on the Cancel icon. This will remove the email from the Outbox.
You are also able to retry or cancel sending emails in bulk.
Please note that the system will not automatically retry sending emails that have been migrated from an older version (2020.1 or older). These can only be sent by retrying manually, i.e. clicking the 'Retry' icon.
Double clicking on an email will open the email's details in a popup in read only form. You can see who the email is from, who it is to, etc. You are also able to retry and cancel sending the email from the popup.
You can adjust the grid columns by clicking on the settings cog. These will be saved when you log out and log back in. The 'To' and 'Subject' columns are mandatory.
- Importance - the importance setting of the email i.e. high, normal, low.
- System Generated - if the email was automatically generated by the system (e.g. to notify a user when a Ticket has been split).
- Last Attempt To Send - when the last attempt to send the email was (automatically by the system or manually by a user)
- Last Send Failure Message - a message displaying the reason why the last attempt to send the email failure e.g. The Email connector is disabled. Please enable it and try again.
- Logged - the date and time recorded when the email first failed to send.
- Next Attempt To Send - when the system will next try to send the email
- Packet - the work item reference that the email is from. Clicking on this will take you to the work item screen.
- Packet Type - if the email is related to a Ticket, Case or Action
- Send Status - this shows what status emails in the outbox are in in terms of sending. There are 4 states:
- Failed - an email with this Send Status has failed to send. In order to send it, it must be manually 'retried'.
- Pending Retry - an email with this Send Status is
- Queue - an email with this Send Status is already scheduled to be sent. Emails send when an Undo Send option has been set will have this status too (see here for more information about the Undo Send option). When these emails will be sent depends on the Automated Failure Retry Pattern option which is set in Builder, see here for more information.
- Attachment Count - how many (if any) files are attached to the email
The Undo Send setting lets you add a time delay to when your emails will be sent, giving you the opportunity to cancel sending an email, or reviewing an email before it gets sent.
When an Undo Send time is set, a popup will appear allowing you to cancel sending the email.
Additionally, when an Undo Send time is set, you will have the option of sending an email 'Now' in the Timeline which overrides the time delay from the Undo Send configuration and you will also have the option to cancel sending the email altogether.
When an Undo Send time is set, emails will be shown in the Outbox page with a Send Status of Queue.