New Page - Contact Management
The Contact Management Page is where you can view and manage all of your external contacts in one place.
Note: you will only be able to access the Contact Management Page if you have been set up with the relevant permissions in Enate Builder. See here for more information.
You can access the Contact Management page from the Navigation link. Your contacts and their information will be displayed in a table.
You can create new external contacts in three ways:
1) By clicking on the '+' icon in the Contact Management screen
2) From Quickfind:
3) Bulk import from Excel. You can also import a list of contacts from an Excel spreadsheet and a template is provided. It is mandatory to fill in the email address when importing Contacts from an Excel template. If you don't specify a company, the contact will automatically be set to global.
The template is supported in all of the languages that Enate offers.
To edit a contact, double click on the contact to bring up the Edit Contact popup.
You are also able to bulk edit the company, time zone, office location, preferred language of your contacts by selecting on the contact's tick box and the edit button will appear.
To delete a contact, click on the contact's tick box and the delete button will appear. You are able to delete multiple contacts at once.
Please note that if you create a new contact in test mode, that contact will only be available for running test packets in the system.
Depending upon how it has been configured in Builder, you will have various options when assigning a company to an external contact:
- All Companies/Global
- Setting the company to this means that external contact can create and access work items for all companies.
- It also means that work manager users are able to search for other all external contacts on a work item.
Please note that this setting is only available if the External Contact Scope has been set to 'Global' or 'Global and Local' in Builder. See here for more information.
- A particular company (local)
- Setting the contact scope to a particular company means that external contact will only be able to create and access work items for that particular company that the external contact has been associated to.
- Users will also only be able to add a Contact to a Packet API if the Contact is in the same Company (or is in an umbrella Company).
- 1.That it is only possible to change the associated company of an external contact from All Companies/Global to a particular company (local) if the external contact is not associated with work items from multiple different companies. You can change this by reassigning the Contact on a work item.
- 2.To scope external contacts to Global/All Companies the Company column in Bulk Upload file should be left blank so by default the contacts will be scoped to Global.
You can choose which columns to see by by clicking on the cog icon and selecting from your list of Standard Columns.
You can add custom columns to the grid by clicking on the cog icon and selecting from your list of Custom Data Columns. Custom Data Columns are created in Builder (click here for more information). Fields of all data types can be created with the exception of Table fields and Long Text fields.
You can sort the table by alphabetical order for a column by clicking on that column's title.
You can go back to the original selection of columns by clicking 'Revert to Defaults'.